Tips for Shoveling Snow This Winter
Chances are you’ve already done your fair-share of ice-scrapping and snow-moving this winter. While it may seem overly cautious, we have a few tips for snow shoveling that you’ll want to read to make your life easier this winter season.
- Stretch your arms, legs, and back before you begin shoveling.
- Take frequent breaks if it’s a big job. Overexertion is a sure way to strain your muscles.
- As you shovel, bend your knees and lift with your legs. Never lift with your back!
- Rotate which hand you’re leading with. While it may feel awkward at first to shovel with your non-dominant hand, your body will thank you for this later.
- The best tips for snow shoveling are the ones that will minimize the work you need to do after the next snowfall, so pay close attention to the following:
- Don’t leave large snow piles right next to the driveway.
- If possible, use your snow piles to create a “wind-break” away from your house, plants, or vehicle. This will protect your assets and keep snow away from your shoveled areas later.
Once you’ve cleared your driveway of all that pesky snow, fill it back up with something fun — like an all-new Porsche from Porsche Spokane. Our experienced associates are standing by to walk you through the Porsche ownership process, whether you’re a first-time buyer or a life-long Porsche loyalist. Visit us today for a game-changing test drive at Porsche Spokane.